Blog Tour Incendiary by Amy A. Bartol: Review

Publicat de Pop Andreea la 12:50
Blog Tour Incendiary (The Premonition Series #4) by Amy A. Bartol

Previous books:

Inescapable                                         Intuition

Indebted

Future books:

Iniquity (is going to be released sometime in 2013)

Description Incendiary: Cold, fine drops of rain fall softly on my cheeks as I emerge from the darkness of the ship's interior to the gray, overcast sky of the main deck. Pulling my dark pea coat tighter to my body, the wind lifts red tendrils of my hair. I walk slowly to the railing overlooking the water.

I catch my first sight of the Irish coastline; its craggy landscape makes me shiver in dread. I find it difficult to imagine now how the Gancanagh had made this their home for so long without anyone realizing it. The cold, moss-covered edifices practically scream their presence. As I study the shadows between the falling-down stone, I imagine creeping shapes of undead Faeries grasping the rock, waiting for our ship to draw nearer to their position.

Tipping my face up, I let the rain wash over me. It bathes away the frigid sweat of fear that has broken on my brow. "You don't know how fiercely beautiful you are, do you?" A quiet voice behind me asks, causing me to stiffen and fix my eyes on the rocks along the shoreline.

Rating: 6/5 Stars © © © © ©

Must have! Must read! Must love! Must come out in Romania!

Genres: Young Adult Paranormal Romance

About the author: She lives in Michigan with her husband and their two sons. Her family is very supportive of her writing. When she’s writing, they often bring her the take-out menu so that she can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when she talks about her characters like they’re real. They rarely roll their eyes when she tells them she’ll only be a second while she finishes writing a chapter…and then they take off their coats. They ask her how the story is going when she surfaces after living for hours in a world of herown making. They have learned to accept her “writing uniform” consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at her nerdy bookishness whenever she tries to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get her, so they are perfect and she is blessed. Please visit Amy at her website: www.amyabartol.weebly.com

About our publishing campaign: We want to bring The Premonition Series in Romania too, so if you’d like to help, just vote in the poll below with “Da”. All help much appreciated!
 


Review:

It’s official guys – The Premonition Series in MY FAVORITE YA Paranormal Romance out there in the wild. This book reminded me why I love reading and I think it’s the best so far from the series. You’re looking for a rollercoaster ride that will leave you an emotional mess? Well, search no more, ‘cause Incendiary was published at the beginning of December and it’s waiting for you.

Incendiary was what I like to call a bomb about to explode. I don’t remember reading a book that has so many twists and shocks like this one… EVER!

I’m not going to spoil anything about what actually happens, because I’m in an evil mood right now and I want you to suffer from the same gasp disease that made me turn page after page. Muhaha…So I’ll stick to the characters.


Evie. God, girl, I’m so proud of your development through these books and I’m in awe of what I keep finding out about you. Seriously, your life is like a growing puzzle that keeps changing its pieces. Am I really talking to her like she’s alive?? I’m weird. K *changing to the 3rd person* I love her personality and her fiery heart, her undying love for the closest people to her heart. But while I do respect her love for the secondary characters, I ended up regretting her feelings for Brennus. But I’ll get to that in a sec.

Reed. That man scares the crap outta me when he’s risking his life for Evie. Wanna know why? Because I FREAKING LOVE HIM and I would go nuts if he would die. He’s caring, possessive, hot (fifty shades of hot), ridiculously good looking and a great strategist and warrior. Oh, and he’s an angel © Yep, I think he’s a top notch book boyfriend. Or a perfect swoon/drool/crush worthy alpha male. I’ve been Team Reed since the beginning and my love for him only grew more and more until I finally cathegorized him as a God *dreamy sigh*. But getting over my fan girling over Reed, I need to say that his love for Evie is just amazing and too wonderful to just describe through words. That POV of his at the end of Incendiary rocked my world with its intensity. Brilliant. Utterly amazing. Incredible.

“Her heart begins to sing to me, the Siren's song that's calling me to shipwreck. I go to it willingly. When her lips meet mine, I know I'm lost, I'm found - I'm home.”

Brennus annoyed the crap outta me. I mean he’s obsessed. Seriously, dude, she doesn’t want you! Give it up! But his insistent personality and overwhelming desire to possess Evie made him the best villain a bookworm like me would ever wish.

“Just when you think that maybe Brennus is running' out of crazy, he shows up with a brand new can of it... economy size.”

Russel. Oh, my sweet great Russ. Considering he’s been Reed’s enemy in the run for Evie’s heart, you can imagine that I wasn’t exactly his No. 1 fan. But with a few chapters written in his POV and a HUUUUGE SHOCK named Anya I began to adore him. And, because I’m such a tease, I’ll just say that we’ll no longer have the love triangle – or square or whatever . Russel is an amazing good friend and supporter of Evie and his drama and complicated relationship with her ended in a peaceful way. And speaking of Anya, that was a punch in the stomach. But I loved her too.

Zee, Buns, Brownie… BEST. FRIENDS. EVER. I love these guys. With Evie, Reed, Russ and Anya, they’re all like a family and I’m so satisfied when I see them all happy even for a quick, not-lasting moment. I laugh with them, cry with them, fight with them. And I gotta say, no one makes me laugh like this gang does. J

My smile broadens involuntarily. 'Zee, when did you become funny?' I ask.
'It is difficult to be funny in Human,' he says, before lookin' at his watch and than graspin' the cover of the portal computer. 'Learn my language and you will think I am hysterical.”
Or:
“How do y'all say, 'hoorah' in Angel?
Rude Car.”
And there was another shocker . Cole. And Tau!

“You were afraid of me? Don't you meet with the Fallen in Sheol?"
"Yes, but none of them had ever stolen my heart nor left me without words to ponder its loss.”
And Xavier!!!
“How ex are we talking?"

"The kind where you have to take everything that he ever gave you and bury it in the backyard so there will be nothing to remind you of how much you loved him.”

I felt like this:




And chapter 12, Dreamy Drew? Hilarious!!! I had to wipe tears from my face.

There was a certain moment/ heartbreaking scene between Brennus and Reed somewhere at 65% of the book that made me shout and sob like a little girl! I’m not kidding. I was in shock. Shattered, broken, numb, freaked out – the bad freaked out – pissed off and angry at Brennus – you name it. I had to put down my iPad and go search for some really sad music to complete my funk. And you know what? Until then I believed that Brennus can be saved somehow. Like the little happy scenes he shared with Evie when she was captive in his castle. But that single moment trickered a-not-so-nice-hate inside me and I had a revelation: Brennus has to die. Taking notes, dear Amy? ;)

Amy Bartol used the same otherwordly and mesmerizing writing style that will drug you and leave you senseless for a while – I’m talking from experience since I read it in 9 hours in full reading mode. Spectacular combination of romance, suspense, action, drama and paranormal, all mixed up in an addictive book. Gory details, eerie atmosphere, mind-blowing surprises and a complex story development, Incendiary is a gorgeous read.                    

Will you suffer from temporar speechless-ness after you finish it? Definitely. Will you crave for more? Especially after that perfect quiet ending that portraits the silence before the storm that awaits Evie & Co.? Abso-freaking-lutely. Regardless, pick these books up and devour them. I guarantee you’ll fall in love.

ENJOY! ©

2 comentarii:

Amy A. Bartol spunea...

Pop Andreea, you're an amazing writer. I LOVED this review. It was thrilling to read it. It took my breath away! I was crackig up all the way through it! Thank you!! <3

Pop Andreea spunea...

You're sooo welcome, Amy! And I loved writing it! ;)

 

Carti Cu Colti Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review