Review The Perks of Being a Wallflower by S. Chbosky

DESCRIPTION:
Sitting aside might be an advantage. But there comes a time when when you have to step into the battlefield.
They say that the first year of highschool is the hardest. Making new friends, falling in love, not getting along with your parents. Growing up is more complicated than you have ever imagined.
The perks of being a Wallflower made a great impression when it came out, being truly hunted by teenagers.
A story about passing from chilhood to teenage years. Charlie's thoughts on life, love and friendship being touching and profund.

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 
― Stephen ChboskyThe Perks of Being a Wallflower
REVIEW:
Aside from the fact that I managed to enter the world of someone who is so shy that can be compared to a fly on the wall, I would very much like to "catch" you in the same world just to show you what you've been losing all this time when you haven't read this particular book.
Being a teenager is not easy at all, in fact it is the hardest thing ever. I mean, everybody expects us to act like adults, but still treat us as children. At this particular age, our feelings are the most intense and we are the most vulnerable human beings. It's the age when partying, drinking and getting high is all that matters. The age when we don't know what career we want, the age when we're still trying to figure out who we are and what we like. The age when anything and everything seems possible. The age of daydreaming.
Aside from the things mentioned above, I became to realise that not all teenagers feel the same about their lives. Some of them, like Charlie, are just wallflowers, observing others and not participating at all. What I really enjoyed about this book is that it is formed out of letters from Charlie to his imaginary friend telling him what's going on in his life.
After reading this book, I sort of started to realise that we meet detalis of our lives every step on th way. I was never shy so I wouldn't have known what this life is really like, I never pay attention to any detalis, small or big, I just don't. The fact is that I should. And I'll try to do it some time in the future. 
All I am saying is that this book thought me something and it thought me well. I loved it, I still do. My God, how much I enjoyed it! I literally stayed up all night and read it all. That's how much I loved reading it! And now, from the bottom of mu heart, I recommend it to you!
“Because I know there are people who say all these things don’t happen. And there are people who forget what it’s like to be sixteen when they turn seventeen. I know these will all be stories some day, and our pictures will become old photographs. We all become somebody’s mom or dad. But right now, these moments are not stories. This is happening. I am here, and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you’re listening to that song, and that drive with the people who you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.” 
― Stephen ChboskyThe Perks of Being a Wallflower 
Kisses,
Andreea.

0 comentarii: